sreda, 16. oktober 2013

 Dear readers,
I just spend an amazing day visiting local businesses. First we stopped at a little local shop called Hopes of Longtown run by Christine Hope. Christine started her business in year 2003 with basically no money. She got a loan and she make an arrangement with the previous owner about the rent.  Basically her business is a little village shop and a post. There you can buy almost everything from toilet paper to magazines, honey,..
Next up we went to a farm with B&B and restaurant. White Haywood Farm Restaurant in run by Pauline and Philip Goodwin and their family. The restaurant and B&B set in a 400 year old barn is run by Pauline and the farm is run by Philip.  At this restaurant they served us with an amazing lunch. I must say that I respect them for doing everything by them self.  
The third business that we visited was Wiggly Wigglers. A business that is promoting self-sufficiency and natural gardening through the mail order.  The owner Heather Gorringe showed us ther office and the place where they make flower bouquets. I really liked the atmosphere in the office. I think that they are like a big family and my opinion is that if you want to work well together you really need to get along very well. They also showed us where they produce bird seeds.  
I loved visiting all this places and most of all I really loved meeting the local people.
So a day well spend.

                                                                                                                Anja

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar